Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Comfort Zone Challenge- Day 30. I MADE IT!

If I had to pick one word to sum up this "30 Day Comfort Zone Challenge", it would be...challenging.

More than once I've wished that I had the forethought in the beginning, to challenge myself to a "7 Day Comfort Zone Challenge", or a 3 day, or maybe a good 24 hours of stretching my comfort zone would have been enough.  30 days!  What was I thinking? 

A month of being uncomfortable wasn't easy. 

Honestly, I'm not sure what was more difficult, coming up with ideas for new challenges, or actually implementing those ideas.  There were times when this challenge took up so much of my time and energy that it felt like a full time job. 

As hard and as uncomfortable as this challenge has been, looking back over these 30 days, and the growth, opportunities, and meaningful experiences I've been blessed to have, I am so GRATEFUL for every single awkward and uncomfortable day.  Without an official challenge to motivate me, I am certain that I never would have spent hours and hours baking croissants.  I never would have pushed myself to run further than I ever have before.  I'm positive I wouldn't have made time to study Shakespeare, reconnect with an old friend, bake a soufflé, donate blood, or write a new song.  Unfailingly, when all the hard work was done for the day, and I looked back on what I had accomplished, I felt amazing!  I can't deny that real growth comes when we push ourselves just a little bit further than we think we can go. 

 

                                                                                                                

And now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go wrap up in a blanket, eat a giant bowl of mashed potatoes, watch TV, and not talk to anyone, or go anywhere, for the next 30 days.

Today's a new day, let's make it purposeful!
Kara

2 comments: